How to setup Burp Suite
Welcome back to another tutorial of website penetration testing. In this post you learn the basic fundamental of burp suite.
Burp Suite is a Java application and is distributed as a standalone Java executable file, with the .JAR extension. You can download Burp Suite Free Edition from the PortSwigger.net website.
For Full Version licensed upto year “2099” . Click here
Follow these steps to setup burp suite –
- To run burp suite you must install java on your operating system.
- Open terminal(linux user) or command prompt(windows user) and navigate to burp suite directory.
- Type the following command to run burp suite :
java -jar /path/to/burp.jar
- Once the application is launched then open your mozilla firefox browser to configure it for burp suite.
- Go to the Firefox menu,
- click on Options, click on Advanced,
- go to the Network tab, and click on the Settings button in the Connection section.
- Select the “Manual proxy configuration” radio button.
- Enter your Burp Proxy listener address in the “HTTP proxy” field (by default, 127.0.0.1).
- Enter your Burp Proxy listener port in the “Port” field (by default, 8080).
- Make sure the “Use this proxy server for all protocols” box is checked.
- Delete anything that appears in the “No proxy for” field.
- Then click “OK” to close all of the options dialogs.